May 23, 2010

INTRODUCING MYSELF

I live in Carson City, Nevada. It lies at the foot of the Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Range
and has grown from 35,000 to double that in the 20 years that I have lived here. The Carson River Wetlands Park lies on the eastern perimiter of the city, and I have walked its trails on a regular basis all those years. I take my camera along and have documented these walks with photographs and commentary. I have compiled these into 4 booklets which I have entitled "Reflections From The Blue Bench". I have observed these wetlands during the years of drought and a few times I have seen the river overflow its banks during the years of ample snow, but in general the area has lost much of the 'wet' in the wetlands as a result of climate change.
I will celebrate my 88th birthday in July, and my ability to hike the trails is becoming limited, but as long as I remain upright I will make the effort. My photographs reflect all the seasons and times of day, and although I walk the same path, the scenery is ever-changing.
I hope to share some of my photographs and impressions on this blog space.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so glad you started blogging! You are such a talented writer and I think you are going to really enjoy it!